Judges are looking for an organisation or project that has developed and applied the most innovative approach to overcoming one or more construction challenges. Winners may have developed a demonstrably new and different technique or process or may have harnessed emerging or existing technologies to create new or improved products, tools or services leading to better built outcomes.
The exemplar winner will show judges how they have:
- Defined the challenge, identified possible solutions and secured agreement from key stakeholders
- Focused their outcomes on constructor needs and user or occupier benefits, leading to more work on subsequent projects
- Been able to demonstrate improvements compared to previous or 3rd party performance through objective measurement data, such as KPIs
- Created a solution that can be used or applied elsewhere in their organisation or their industry sector
- Taken the lessons learned and the new best practice benchmark to the industry and shared them so others can benefit