INTEGRATION & COLLABORATIVE WORKING AWARD
Collaborative working is central to Constructing Excellence’s values and its drive to evidence excellence in construction. It is most likely evidenced on specific projects, however those who can demonstrate it across a series or programme of projects show leadership in sustaining the approach. Integration of the supply chain, the client and end users will normally lead to a better outcome satisfying all stakeholders.
Judges will be looking for integrated team submissions that are able to demonstrate:
- Early involvement of the supply chain, client and end users possibly underpinned by a soft landings approach
- Selection of supply chain on quality and value not lowest cost
- Common processes and tools to assist in collaborative working such as BIM and Lean
- Modern commercial arrangements and fair payment
- Evidence of performance and results of the collaborative approach through objective measurements such as KPIs or collaborative value engineering results