Judges are looking for organisations, or projects, whose achievements in relation to the legacy their work leaves have made a positive impact on society and demonstrated best practice in triple bottom line effects and social value.
Exemplary sustainability legacies will be evidenced by:
- Reduction in greenhouse gas and carbon dioxide emissions through design and construction measures, leading to reductions both in the build and operation phases of assets
- Waste and carbon emissions reduction during construction, through design and construction innovation
- Achievements affecting the long-term impact on social, economic and environmental aspects associated with the work
- Construction having a social value impact on its neighbouring business, residential, educational and voluntary communities so that the industry’s image is improved
- Assets which evidence their performance matches or exceeds the design modelling and ratings